Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Why I Like Mornings



Some of my favorite moments of the day happen in the dim light of the early morning. Mornings bring a day full of new opportunities. Any troubles and stresses of yesterday seem a little less important.

My mornings occur early because of our crazy cats who if I don't roll out of bed by 5 am will cry so loud they will wake up Miles. So I set my alarm to beat their hungry cries. Usually I head downstairs, feed them then start my morning with coffee, emails and some time in the Bible with a study from She Reads Truth. But lately my eyes have been so heavy that I just have to curl back up on the couch for a few more minutes of shut eye. Then Miles wakes up between 6 and 6:30 while Mike starts getting ready for work.

These days I find myself excited each morning about what the rest of the day will bring. Miles is at such a fun age where he is learning new things everyday, work is busy but not stressful and it's my favorite season of the year! There is so much grace in my life and I can't help but praise God for being so present in my heart and this house.

photo from here

No comments:

Post a Comment