Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Unexcused Absence & Currently



Do you remember in high school when you missed a day of school but didn't have a good excuse? Those were called unexcused absences. And I've been taking one of those with my blog lately. But I have some excuses, however lame they are. Work exploded two weeks ago and it left my head spinning. I was spending so much time in front of the computer, that I couldn't bare to spend one extra minute away from my baby and husband.

Work has settled down a little bit now, but I'm gearing up for hopefully a busy holiday season in my Etsy shop. I launched my new, lower priced custom photo Christmas cards this past week. Honestly, I'm a little nervous I won't sell one card and all this work will be for nothing. But if I don't try, I'll never know. So I'm putting myself out there, and hoping and praying for some orders. Being a business owner is terrifying some days. If I fail, I worry that everyone will know and not be surprised - but that's another blog post entirely.

CURRENTLY: 

I got the idea for this post from Danielle at Sometimes Sweet:

Reading: Give Them Grace: Dazzling Your Kids with the Love of Jesus by Elyse M. Fitzpatrick and Jessica Thompson. I'm only 30 pages in but I can tell this book is going to be transformative. I'm already learning more about accepting and living in grace for myself than just how to show grace to Miles. I'll definitely keep writing about how the book is changing my heart and my parenting style.

Eating: Cereal, and lots of it. I used to hate cold cereals but now I'm loving them. I've been chowing down on Kashi's Autumn Whole Wheat Biscuits and Berry Fruitful Whole Wheat Biscuits. Grabbing a handful here and there helps to keep me satisfied while chasing Miles around. Since I'm still nursing, my stomach is a bottomless pit.

Listening To: Dustin Kensrue's new album The Water & The Blood. Go listening to it now. The entire album is on Spotify.

Enjoying: Miles. He is almost 10 months old and is so fun. I love watching him explore everything. He's pulling up and walking along the furniture, walls, curtains and just about anything he can get his hands on. One of my favorite parts of the day is going to get him in the morning when he wakes up. Miles' excitement to see me warms my heart. It gives me hope that it will be a good day. How can it be a bad day with that kind of start? Not that I didn't enjoy being a mother the past 9 months, but it just keeps getting better and better. Except we had a rough one yesterday. He has four teeth coming in and they wrecked him - he wouldn't sleep or eat.

Watching: Too much, but there are so many good shows happening now. I'm watching Parenthood, Grey's Anatomy and Project Runway Allstars. I typically put one of these shows on while I'm working, so I really only catch about half the show. That's the real reason I have two computer monitors, shh, don't tell Mike. We try not to watch tv while Miles is awake, so I'm limited on how much I can watch - which turns out to be a good thing. There's not too much on tv that's of a whole lot of value.

Loving: My evenings with Mike have been really nice lately. Miles goes down for the night between 6 - 7 which leaves us a few hours to be adults together. I'm so thankful that we get that special time to connect. So much of our time with Miles is about him or trying to get things done and we often miss each other. We participated in Halloween last week and had a blast. Miles was dressed up as a little gray puppy. I love Halloween in the City. We sat on our front steps and little superheros, princesses and goblins walk by with their pillow cases held out for candy. It's one of the times I am reminded just how many people live within a few blocks of us. We bought two big bags of Costco candy and handed out almost all of it in 1.5 hours.

How's your week so far (I know it's only Tuesday)? I hope and pray that you're feeling refreshed and ready to tackle all God has for you!

2 comments:

  1. I agree - there are so many good shows on right now. I'm actually quite behind on Parenthood - so much to choose from!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Parenthood is my favorite. I was late to the show but caught up quickly from Netfilx! This season is really good.

      Delete