Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Coffee Date 8.21




I know we were supposed to get together every Friday for a little virtual coffee date, but as in real life, I can be flaky and forgot. But to make up for it, I'll share a little secret with you. I found the best coffee ever through Jessi's Instagram (she blogs at Naptime Diaries). Rudabegga's artisan coffee concentrate is amazing. I ordered the Sea Salt Carmel Mocha variety and it blew my mind. This is going to sound so lame, but the flavors are so complex. I just add some ice and unsweetened vanilla almond milk and I'm ready to go!

Once I stop talking about my awesome new coffee obsession, I'd ask how your week is going and what's new in your life. If Miles were napping, I'd listen intently, but if he's not, I might have to ask you repeat the last line. (He's moving around a lot and trying to get into everything - especially shoes!)

I would tell you that I'm feeling a little overwhelmed these days. I'm a bridesmaid in one of my best friend's weddings in late September and we have her shower coming up on Saturday. I don't know why I volunteer to complete tasks that are a little too large for the time that I have. But I'm spending most of my free minutes putting together the favors of little spices and wrapping silverware with baker's twine. The shower will be great, but I'd be lying if I said that I weren't ready for it to be here and for the work to be over.

Last week my design work was slowing down and that always makes me a little bit nervous, but I was enjoying getting more housework completed. But then over the weekend, BAM, my work picked up and I was once again a little stressed about all the different projects with short deadlines.

I might even fill you in on how much I hate change, and that I was dreading Mike going back to teaching. He had his first day on Monday, and on Sunday night I was grieving the loss of our summer. The thing I'll miss most is our slow mornings together. Miles typically wakes up between 5:30 and 6:30, and then I would usually bring him in bed with us so we could all play and snuggle. But now that Mike heads out the door at 6:45, there's no time for our lazy mornings together.

But soon enough I'll get into a new routine with Miles and we will anxiously wait by the door for Mike to get home after school each afternoon!

Besides being busy and letting the stress of life get to me, not much else is new. I'm hoping that when we "sit down" for coffee next week, that I'll feel more at peace!

Until next time! 

photo from Rudabegga's website

No comments:

Post a Comment