Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Shrimp Boil & Summer BBQ Wedding Shower











On Saturday, along with 9 other bridesmaids, I hosted a shrimp boil and summer bbq themed couples wedding shower. There was a ton of prep work to do before everyone showed up at 4, but we did it. I left my house at 10:30am after getting Miles down for a nap and didn't get home until 9:30 that evening. Miles spent the entire day with Mike and did great, except that he was boycotting his naps. I missed them both, but I was glad to see them for a few hours at the shower.

I think that Vicki and Ryan (bride and groom to-be) had a great time. This was my first ever jack and jill shower. It really felt more like a big party and it was nice to have both men and women attend. All the paper products were created by me and I had a blast doing them. Assembling the 140 shower favors were not my favorite things to do though. I'm glad all the prep work is done and now we can focus on making Vicki and Ryan's big day super special. Come on September 21st!

It's so exciting to see one of my dearest friends commit her life to a great guy. God has blessed them greatly with finding each other and I pray that their marriage reflects God's design for a family. I'm so glad that God created marriage and made it such a neat example of his love for the church!

1 comment:

  1. Shrimp Boil & Summer BBQ Wedding Shower!!! Sounds fabulous! It was a pleasure to stop by this blog and have a look at these brilliant photos from the event. Entire setup is tempting to me. Even I am going to attend a rainbow themed wedding reception in September at one of the hill side wedding venues in LA and feeling so excited about it.

    ReplyDelete