Friday, August 9, 2013

Coffee Date 8.9.13



If we were able to sit down for coffee together at my house, I'd probably be drinking a homemade cinnamon iced coffee with almond milk. (I make a mean cup of it every morning with my iced coffee concentrate - I'll share the recipe on the blog soon). But you can drink whatever you want. Now that we have a Keurig, it's so easy to make a cup of anything! We'd probably settle down on my living room floor to chat while we watch Miles scoot around on the carpet. He'd be giving you crazy big grins and won't stop until he gets your attention. He is such a sweetheart at almost 7 months. Everyone gets a big gummy smile as his eyes light up.

I would tell you that this week has gone fast and we've been busy. But the good kind of busy, where we spent our days with friends and family. I would tell you that although I am an introvert, that being with friends breathes life into my soul. There is beauty in sharing your life with others and in delving into their heart. I spent time this week with a friend from church, a friend from high school and her two sweet boys and my mother.

I bet we would chat about how work is going, weekend plans and how weird the weather has been this week (feeling like fall in the beginning of August!).

You might even tell me how well rested I seem. And I'd start to brag about how my little boy slept through the night last night! Miles slept from 7pm to 4:45am, then promptly fell back asleep for another hour after nursing. I even went to bed at 9:30 because I was falling asleep on the couch. I would tell you how amazing sleep feels, and probably lament at how we had to let Miles fuss in his crib for a few minutes to help teach him how to sleep. I'd say that I'm sorry we had to do that, but I'm not sorry because he is much happier and well rested.

We would talk about what God is doing in our lives. I would admit that for the past 6 months, I haven't spent much time in the Word. That I had chosen work, television, Instagram and really any distraction over spending time with God. But I would rejoice in the fact that God has stirred in me and that I've been spending each morning reading the Bible and journalling for the past two weeks. I would preach about how God is so gracious to never rejects us, but to always welcome us back into his arms. I might even share with you that I am starting to feel like God wants really big things from my life. And that I'm tired of simply being comfortable, but that I want to be worthy of God's beautiful calling on my life. I have no idea what that looks like, but I'm asking God for guidance.

I would probably complain about the end of summer and that Mike is headed back to school next week (he's a teacher at a local college). Miles and I will miss our lazy mornings together with him. But I get excited to hear about all his students and what projects they are working on.

I can guarantee that we would say that we should get together more often and that we will make plans soon. I hope that we might even pray together before we leave.

Thanks for having coffee with me, let's do this again every Friday, ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment